Have you thought about outsourcing your social media management & digital marketing before? We have a team of Social Media Managers based in Surrey, Kent and the South East, all fully trained graduates of Digitial Mums, with experience in running B2B and B2C campaigns.
So, You’re Running a Business?
Let’s face it, it’s not easy to get your business off the ground, to grow it and nurture it as though it was another member of your family – another baby! How much blood, sweat and tears have you put in to get your business to where it is now?
Making sure you have a brand that appeals to customers, that your customers recognise and a reputation that does your business justice is no mean feat. Getting your brand or business out there is important, which is where Social Media comes in.
It doesn’t matter if you’re on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest (to name a few channels), the important thing to realise is this is your digital shop window – it’s where your customers or clients (or competitors for that matter) come to check you out. It’s a way to see what you’re up to, to compare you against others and to get know you better. So, it’s fairly safe to say your Social Media needs to be all singing and dancing, and live up to the job of showing your brand off in the right light, don’t you think?
OK, so we agree on this! We probably also agree that you can spend literally hours on Social Media. It’s time-consuming writing posts and tweets, taking or finding the right pictures and getting the filters just right! Responding to people’s comments or liking other people’s posts, and thinking what to post. All this is time which could be spent working on your business.
When is it all too much?
When it gets to the stage where you’re working way too many hours, or you don’t have enough time to spend on your Social Media, or maybe you’re not responding to all the comments and messages, then maybe it’s time to get some help. But this is where we may disagree on the type of help.
Some business owners might be tempted to get someone they know who “is really good on Facebook” to ‘do their Social Media’. Someone who’s young and always on Instagram, maybe a student or intern. But, and this is a big but, being active on social media does not make you an expert. There is more, much more to it than just posting status updates. They may be a cheap alternative, but this isn’t the answer.
Do yourself a favour
Find a Social Media Manager, who has been trained and has the knowledge and expertise to do your business justice. Someone, like a Digital Mum, who has an in-depth knowledge across all the platforms- who can advise you on which channels are the best for your business in terms of your product or service, the target audience you want to reach and your marketing strategy for social media. Someone who knows how to and can put the time into running your social media channels in the best way for you.
In short, if you want to invest time and money into your social media, then do yourself a favour and #GoWithThePro!
Even before posting anything, a good Social Media Manager will spend time really getting to know and understand your business, it’s voice and the target audience. A Digital Mum for example, will
- Audit your existing social media to see what works and what could be improved
- Set realistic social media goals and objectives which can later be measured
- Define your audience, create profiles to understand who they are and what they’re interested in
- Analyse your competitors’ social media and see who follows them
- Plan what type of content to post and when
- Identify and start engaging with key influencers
- Put together a strategy so you know exactly what’s happening and what’s planned.
What about day to day?
Well, once the strategy is in place, it’s time to get on with the day to day management of your channels, and this is where a good Social Media Manager will prove their worth to you. They will:
- find and create content to post which will appeal to your audience
- schedule the content to go out at the best time. This needs to be tested, measured and refined to find what and when works best.
- Engage with your audience and influencers to build relationships – it’s not all one sided that’s why it’s social! You need someone who can monitor the platforms and engage with your audience in the appropriate ‘Tone of Voice’ throughout the day (and into the night!)
- Review the analytics and report back to you regularly. Get someone who really knows how to use the analytics from the different platforms, and can identify what’s working and report all this data back to you regularly
- Do ‘Social Listening’ where they listen out for brand mentions, hashtags and keywords to start or get involved in conversations to help build brand awareness and engagement
It’s exhausting just thinking about it all!
Outsourcing Your Social Media Management
Think it’s time you got some help with your social media? Our team of qualified Digital Mums have heaps of experience when it comes to being visible online.
We have a range of packages available, but we are happy to tailor our quotes to meet the individual needs of your business.
You can also follow the #GoWithThePro campaign on Twitter which is being led by the amazing #DMCollective and is backed by Digital Mums.
Book in for a discovery call to chat about your options.